Sunday, 22 April 2012

Giggle, got skates!!!

On visiting dancing on ice live at the national ice centre in Nottingham UK I have got my skates!!!!!!

Ended up getting risport ettoil skates as they are for narrower feet, which I have.  The Jackson skates are for wider feet. 

I definitely advise getting your skates fitted, especially at the national ice centre in Nottingham if you are in the UK.  They get you to bang the boot down so that your heal hits the back of the boot and then they lace them up tight and you walk around in them.  I find that I've got a bone on my foot that sticks out so I got some foot gels, which are a bit expensive at £20 BUT totally worth it to stop pain.  It cost me £100 for the skates, £6 for the guards (which you must have) and £13 for the bag. 

I have been advised to wear them at home for half an hour a day with the guards on to wear them in.  I ended up getting about half a size smaller than my shoe size and tried the skates on about three times each to be sure.  The risport skates are supposed to give a little so we decided that it was best to get the smaller ones.

Very impressed with the service from the national ice centre shop in Nottingham - will be going there for any sharpening etc but still skating in altrincham.

Very chuffed!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment